CBSE Board Exam 2019: The Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) class 12 English Board Exam 2019 was held today, March 2. The CBSE board exams 2019 is being held at 4,974 examination centres across the country.
Here’s what students said about the CBSE Class 12 English paper.
As per the official data released by the CBSE, total of 12, 23, 291 students are appearing for Class 12, out of which 7, 48,498 are boys and 5, 38,861 girls.
In Class 10 board exams, out of the total 18, 27,472 students, 10, 70,579 are boys and 7, 56,893 girls.
This year, the board has introduced some changes in the exam pattern for class 12 English 2019 board exam question paper. The changes to the exam pattern are in favor of students who often find the English question paper lengthy and are unable to finish the paper in designated time.
CBSE Class 12 English board exam 2019: List of changes
- Instead of three passages, there will only be two passages in section A (Reading)
- The typology of questions has also been changed
- The total number of questions has been reduced from 24 to 19 in case of section A
- Total marks attributed to section A is 30 marks
- Total number of questions in the question paper has also been reduced from 40 to 35
- Of the two passages, there would be 5 MCQs, 9 very short answer type questions, and 3 short answer type questions from passage one
- There will be 2 long answer type questions related to passage two.
CBSE Board Exam 2019: Important instructions for candidates
- Entry in the exam center will be from 9 am to 10 am only. No candidate shall be allowed thereafter
- Candidate is advised to carry only BLUE/ROYAL BLUE BALL POINT/GEL/FOUNTAIN pen
- Candidate is advised to carry only permissible items at the examination center as given in admit card
- Regular candidates should come for examination in school uniform only
- Private candidates to wear light clothes only
- Candidate will only appear in subjects offered by him/her
- Candidate should occupy the seat allotted to him/her against the roll number
- Candidate should read the instructions carefully given in answer book and question paper
- Candidate should fill in relevant and correct details on answer book and question paper
- Candidate should not indulge in any unfair practice. If found, will be booked under unfair means (UFM) category and action will be taken as per rules of the board
Meanwhile, a few days back, CBSE has also issued notice giving instructions to candidates and alerting them against fake/frivolous information on social media.
“It has been noticed in the past that certain unscrupulous elements spread rumors by hosting fake videos/messages on YouTube, Face Book, twitter and other Social Media platforms, obviously with the intention of spreading confusion and panic amongst students, parents, schools and public.”
CBSE Board Exam 2019: Things to keep in mind
- The board exam students must visit their allotted examination centres before examinations so that on the day of examination they reach the correct centre and on time
- On the day of examinations, they should leave their residence keeping in view the traffic, weather conditions and distance, etc. so that they report at the centre latest by 9:45 am
- No candidate will be allowed entry in the examination centre after 10 am
- For enabling proper identification and to avoid delay in checking at entry, regular students must be in school uniform, and private candidates should prefer light clothes
- The candidates must carry only permissible items at the examination centres as given in admit card
- No communication devices and other similar gadgets are permitted inside examination centres.
About Central Board of Secondary Education:
- Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) was founded on November 3, 1962. It’s headquartered at Preet Vihar, New Delhi
- Its primary function includes preparing academic programmes and organising examinations, especially for Class 10 and Class 12 students.